- Join the
Georgia Homeschool Group
- Exchange information, events and news of interest to Georgia Homeschoolers.
- Support Groups
A to Z Home's Cool
- Welcome to Homeschooling
- Beginning to Homeschool
- Community Networking
- Curriculum Shopping
- Distance Learning Programs
- DVD Learning
- Early Years
- Explorations 4 Kids
- Field Trips
- Gifted Kids
- Holiday Directory
- Homeschooling Jokes
- Laws & Legalities
- Lessons & Ideas
- Methods, Styles
- Regional Information
- Religion & Cultural
- Special Needs
- Support Group Resources
- Teens & College-Bound
- Thoughts & Hard Facts
Explorations 4 Kids
- Fine Arts
- Health & Fitness
- * Astronomy
- * Biology
- * Chemistry
- * Earth
- * Physics
- Site Sponsors
- Click here to join the Homeschool Buyers Co-op now!
- Online interactive homeschool curriculum.
- Bridgeway Academy
- Pre-K-12. Easy setup.
- 8-week online writing help for 2nd-12th grade. Meet their certified teachers..
- Global Village School
- K-12 diploma program, curriculum-only also available. Experiential learning.
- https://driversed.com/courses/drivers-ed/georgia-drivers-education.aspx?ID=AZSCHOOLDrivers Ed
- Discounted, Interactive Lessons with High School Credit ~ Guaranteed!- your ticket to freedom.
- Drivers Ed -
By State - Safe Driving
- Homeschool Spanish Program
With homeschool tutorial and free lesson plans.
Georgia Homeschool Support Groups
Region 12 (South East Georgia)
Graphic from Georgia.gov
Includes the following counties: Bryan, Bulloch, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long,
Large cities: Savannah
Includes the cities and communities of Ellabelle, Groveland,
Hardwicke, Keller, Lanier Pembroke, and Richmond Hill.
Includes the cities and communities of Brooklet, Denmark, Hopeulikit,
Leefield, Nevils, Portal, Register, Statesboro, and Stilson.
Ogeechee Area Christian Home Educators
A Christian home school support group serving the Statesboro and Bulloch County, Georgia, area and surrounding counties to include Evans, Effingham and Candler..
Includes the cities and communities of Colesburg, Dover Bluff,
Harrietts Bluff, Kings Bay Base, Kingsland, St. Marys, Tarboro,
Waverly, White Oak, and Woodbine.
E.A.G.L.E.S. Homeschool Group
An informal association of Christian homeschool families within Camden County, Georgia, that have joined together for support and fellowship.
Includes the cities of Bloomingdale, Garden City, Georgtown,
Isle of Hope-Dutch Island, Montgomery, Port Wentworth, Pooler,
Savannah, Skidaway Island, Thunderbolt, Tybee Island,
Whitmarsh Island, Wilmington Island, and Vernonburg.
Central Savannah River Area Home Education Association
The organization hopes that this website will promote study of
all aspects of God, His creation, His laws, and His grace.
FEFC, Family Education for Christ and ECHO, Effingham Christian Homeschool Organization are CHRISTIAN homeschool groups. The Savannah Christian Church Homeschool Group also participates with postings on this board.
Family Education Resource Network
FERN is a Christian-based network for homeschoolers with a goal of bringing unity to the homeschool community by promoting all homeschool activities, events, resources, opportunities, legal updates, etc. to homeschool families in the CSRA (Central Savannah River Area).
Welcoming all those who are providing a home-based method to educate their children, to share resources, network with area groups, and exchange information relating to upcoming events that homeducators would enjoy.
Savannah's Unlimited HS Network
We are an all-inclusive homeschool group supporting Savannah, GA and the surrounding area. We are open to anyone who homeschools or unschools their child(ren) and those who would like to learn more about "teaching at home."
Includes the cities and communities of Clyo, Ebenezer, Egypt,
Guyton, Meldrim, Pineora, Rincon, Shawnee, Springfield, and Stillwell
Includes the cities and communities of Brunswick, Country Club
Estate, Dock Junction, Everitt, Jekyll Island, Sea Island, Sterling,
St. Simon's Island, and Thalman.
Includes the cities and communities of Allenhursta, Flemington,
Fort Stewart, Gumbranch, Hinesville, McIntosh, Midway, Retreat,
Riceboro, Sunbury, and Walthourville.
Includes the city of Ludowici.
Includes the city and communities of Cox, Crescent, Darien, Eulonia,
Pine Harbour, Ridgeville, Shellman Bluff, South Newport, Townsend,
- Recommended books to help you Homeschool
- First Year of Homeschooling Your Child:
- Your Complete Guide to Getting Off to the Right Start
- by Linda Dobson
- Many of today's families are opting to teach their children at home. The first hurdle these families face is getting started.
- kindle edition
- Home Learning Year by Year:
How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High School
- by Rebecca Rupp
- A structured plan to ensure that your children will learn what they need to know when they need to know it, from preschool through high school.
- kindle edition
- Homeschooling the Child with Autism:
- Answers to the Top Questions Parents and Professionals Ask
- by Patricia Schetter, et al
- This practical, highly accessible guide answers parents' and professionals' questions about teaching children with autism spectrum disorders at home.
- The Unschooling Handbook:
- How to Use the Whole World As Your Child's Classroom
- by Mary Griffith
- Unschooling is a homeschooling method based on the belief that kids learn best when allowed to pursue their natural curiosities and interests.
- kindle edition
- Homeschooling for Dummies
- by Jennifer Kaufeld
- If, like many parents, you're wondering whether homeschooling can be the solution you're looking for, then you'll be happy to know that the answer is yes.
- kindle edition
- 100 Top Picks For Homeschool Curriculum:
- Choosing The Right Curriculum And Approach For Your Child's Learning Style
- by Cathy Duffy
- Christian. Widely-recognized curriculum expert Cathy Duffy walks you through the curriculum selection process.
- Home Schooling Children with Special Needs
- (3rd Edition)
- by Sharon Hensley
- This book would be very helpful to any homeschooling parent with a "high needs" child, whether or not the child has a disability label.